Sunday, March 9, 2014

Slow It Down


Take me away bottle. I’m interested in something different. I’d like to go somewhere new. Give me a swig and quench my desire to be a little different. As I gulp through the wine I explore my new surroundings and release my inhibitions. I relax. The temptation to continue to consume is always there.  I must have more. Round and round and round and round and round, it creates a breeze.  I so easily get swept away. Pinot Noir, God I love you.  Just when I thought I had figured you out I find myself trying to understand you even more. On the back of my neck, right up next to my ear, in the back of my head I hear you saying it. Pinot Noir. Splaaaasssssshhhhhh. Glass full I tip it back. Your lifted aromas have my nose always up to your air.

Going back to where I found this particular bottle there were the rocks, the dirt, the sun, the cycles of the moon, the people, a corkscrew, an afternoon, the right time and place.  I’m reminded that 375ml can sometimes make for a great time! How could I, or ever be willing, to ever run out of this wine? Oregon wine, Oregon wine glass, Oregon esters, if ever a perfume this would be exactly Oregon in 2008. To be more specific, to only F with your world, this is Cristom,  and their “Sommers Reserve.”  It so vividly reflects the warmth of their hillside vineyards at 14% ABV.,  but that’s exactly what we want.  Do I long for food with this wine? No. This cannot be enhanced and I don’t want anything taking away from the moment. 


No comments:

Post a Comment