Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Ready Your Sea Legs!



Ballast Point Brewing Company, your Imperial Porter “Victory At Sea” has transcended me onto the wet decks of a maiden voyage, compliments of this bottle of liquid courage.

I would drink this beer into battle. While I have had so many, this very special porter reeks of masculinity and sacrifice. Trial and error and ultimately perfection has conjured up a quintessential elixir that offers the consumer some serious bragging rights. If I had a sword I would raise it to this beer on the bow of a ship, embrace the peg leg, the eye patch, the salty air, the unknown, my beard and the wench who I have stowed below deck.

Now where were we? The Café Calabria coffee that was introduced to this porter has tremendous integration and no bitterness whatsoever. There is an intensity that lets you down easy. The depth of flavors, are as dark and vast as the sea at night. As in, you don’t want to know what’s down there. I recognize and appreciate the sweet components that the natural vanilla bean and caramelized malt deliver. I’m realizing now that this is truly the rum of beers…and to think that someone randomly left this in my refrigerator. 

Here’s to making new discoveries of your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment